Accidents are preventable with proper training. MHE-Demag elevates technical competencies for cranes and forklift handling across the industry
Our experienced trainers conduct 20 to 25 training or workshops annually, covering topics such as cranes and hoists, explosion proof equipment, lift trucks, building maintenance units (gondolas), dock levellers and safety. It takes two days to complete each workshop, which can accommodate a maximum of 15 attendees each.Safety Operation for Cranes and Hoists
Crane accidents are preventable with proper training. Many crane operators who learned basic and theory of overhead cranes in schools find themselves lack of technical competency when their skills are applied for daily operations.
A good crane operator should be able to perform effective inspection, basic troubleshooting and present good reporting to the operation team. The competency of crane operators will also affect the efficiency of overall production. However, most of the crane operators pick up the needed skills based on trials and errors, which lead to daily firefighting situations, stressful work environment, and very often, minor or severe accidents.
MHE-Demag offers a two-day program, which consists of systematic and comprehensive modules with plenty of practical sessions to improve the efficiency of crane operators. It also emphasises the requirement of good maintenance and right working attitudes. Participants will receive a certificate that is valid for three years before they need to attend refresher training again.
Some of the expected learning outcomes for the participants are as follows:
- Understand the factors leading to accidents and how to prevent them
- Build the strategy for ZERO accident
- Master the concept of proactive operations
- Implement good manufacturing practices
- Able to conduct scheduled operations
- Learn the systematic way to perform pre-operation inspection
MHE-Demag supplies forklifts to Southeast Asia since 1990. Forklift is considered as equipment with high safety requirement with its functions and features to arrange, lift and transfer goods. Operator’s behaviour in neglecting safety regulations and the working procedures has been recognised as the main cause of accidents, which results in injuries, loss of life and damage of properties.
Forklift Safety Handling Training is professionally designed to improve operator’s awareness on aspects pertaining to personal safety, surrounding people and the properties. This module will also indirectly increase the skill, competency and mental preparation of the operator.
Topics of the training include:
- Accidents and what is meant by Behavioural Safety
- Safe operation for forklift
- Safety & health regulations for forklift operation
- Requirements of an employer and an employee in forklift operation
- Different types of lift trucks and their functions
- Different parts of forklift
- Safety features of forklift
- Potential hazards of forklift
- Do’s and Don’ts for forklift operation
- The most important safety device in forklift
- Pre-operation inspection
- Safety precautions refueling & recharging of forklift
The program consists of classroom lectures, group discussion, workshop, safe handling video screening, hands-on practical sessions, and evaluation (written and practical assessment).Request A Quote +